Remote controller jobs in 2022
We, at FinanceHire, are looking for controllers who can handle the day-to-day management of the accounting and finance department. Come and be a part of the top 1% of Controllers and grow with the best minds.
Controller job description
Controller job responsibilities
- Guiding financial decisions by developing and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Evaluating and enhancing financial controls and tax return procedures.
- Analyzing and interpreting balance sheets, income statements, cash flow, and liabilities.
- Performing internal audits and financial risk assessments, as well as facilitating intervention strategies.
- Preparing annual budgets, forecasts, and reports, as well as reviewing journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Monitoring closing processes, billing, invoicing, expenses, reimbursements, and payroll administration.
- Maximizing returns on excess cash balances and improving closing and reporting cycles.
- Coordinating and recording investments and maintaining fixed asset records.
- Overseeing financial and accounting staff and analyzing profit center performance metrics.
- Documenting processes and ensuring compliance with financial management and accounting regulations.
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a similar field.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and industry regulations.
- Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Advanced competency in financial management and accounting software, such as Xero and Quickbooks.
- Extensive experience in corporate finances, auditing, and performance management.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus. simple reporting.
- Superb organizational and time management abilities.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- CPA or CMA is a strong advantage.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MS/MBA is a plus.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Interested in this job?
Apply to Finance Hire today.