Remote accountant jobs in 2022
We, at FinanceHire, are looking for accountants who can handle day-to-day finance and bookkeeping tasks. Come and be a part of the top 1% of accountants and grow with the best minds.
Accountant job description
Accountant job responsibilities
- Complying with all company, local, state, and federal accounting and financial regulations.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial data.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Presenting data to managers, investors, and other entities.
- Maintaining accurate financial records.
- Performing audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Computing taxes.
- Keeping informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
- Assisting management in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- 3 – 5 years work experience as an Accountant.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Xero and QuickBooks.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills.
- Understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree.
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly proficient with accounting software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Interested in this job?
Apply to Finance Hire today.